Sunday, February 20, 2011

Happy Sunday!

In my never-ending search for healthy recipes I stumbled upon RHONY Bethenny Frankel's website.  I have always been a fan of hers.  Her lack of filter is great and she always ends up saying whatever she is thinking.  I cannot wait for her show, Bethenny Ever After, season premiere next Monday, February 28th.  It cannot come soon enough.
Anyway, I am a fan of hers on facebook and one of her latest recipes popped up on my newsfeed.  This led me to her website where I found a number of delicious sounding healthy option recipes.  This Low Fat Creamy Mushroom Pasta sounds great and I cannot wait to try it.  My only concern is the whole wheat pasta.  I have been experimenting with whole wheat pasta recently, and while the taste is great, the consistency is a little off.  My whole wheat pasta wont bend once it is cooked.  It stays stick straight making it very hard to get on your fork and eat.
Does anyone have any recommendations for a whole wheat linguine or fettucini that still bends and curls like regular pasta?  Thanks Bethenny for the recipe!  I will let you all know how I feel about this one once I have made it.  In the mean time, any whole wheat pasta recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Sorry today's post has been so random, but I'm almost done.  I promise.  My last little bit for today is my slight frustration in the fact that I cannot purchase Bethenny Frankel's Skinnygirl Margarita here in North Carolina.  Bummer!!  I have really been wanting to try this low calorie alternative, but my only option is to order Skinnygirl Margarita from New York and have it shipped.  For a soon to be college graduate trying to save her money, this is not a promising option.  Someone please send some Skinnygirl to the South!

No comments:

Post a Comment